• James D. Lynch

Need to change your name on your green card? Use Form I-90.

Form I-90 is the application to renew or replace a permanent residence card. However, it is also used for updating your information, such as changing your name after a marriage or divorce.

You will select "yes" to the question that asks, “Has your name legally changed since the issuance of your Permanent Resident Card.” Under "Reason for Application," you will check the box next to “My name or other biographic information has been legally changed since issuance of my existing card.”

Note that your name must have been legally changed before you can update your green card. You will need a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other court-issued document evidencing the name change.

  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • alignable_square
  • Yelp Social Icon
  • avvo
  • Justia-Icon
  • lawyer_com favicon
  • taxbuzz
  • ptin-seal
  • 170927-usnsquarelogo-design
  • favicon-32x32
  • mail icon

Law Office of James D. Lynch, PLLC

3000 Joe Dimaggio Blvd #90, Round Rock, TX 78665


(512) 745-6347 (Austin / Round Rock)

‪(210) 201-6317‬ (San Antonio)

(714) 745-3875 (Los Angeles / Orange County)

©2020 by Law Office of James D. Lynch, PLLC. The information contained in this website is for informational purposes and is not to be considered legal advice.  Any correspondence between you and the Law Office of James D. Lynch is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not send confidential information to us until after an attorney-client relationship has been established by an engagement letter signed by the proposed client and our attorney.