• James D. Lynch


All of the names on a tax return must match Social Security Administration records. A name mismatch can delay a tax refund.

Taxpayers should notify the Social Security Administration of a name change for anyone on their tax return, including:

● recently married taxpayers who now use their spouse’s last name or a hyphenated name. ● a dependent who is an adopted child and now has a new last name.

Taxpayers who have a name change should get a new card that reflects the name change. File Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card, found at https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • alignable_square
  • Yelp Social Icon
  • avvo
  • Justia-Icon
  • lawyer_com favicon
  • taxbuzz
  • ptin-seal
  • 170927-usnsquarelogo-design
  • favicon-32x32
  • mail icon

Law Office of James D. Lynch, PLLC

3000 Joe Dimaggio Blvd #90, Round Rock, TX 78665


(512) 745-6347

(714) 745-3875

©2020 by Law Office of James D. Lynch, PLLC. The information contained in this website is for informational purposes and is not to be considered legal advice.  Any correspondence between you and the Law Office of James D. Lynch is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.  Please do not send confidential information to us until after an attorney-client relationship has been established by an engagement letter signed by the proposed client and our attorney.