top of page
  • Writer's pictureJames D. Lynch

Temporary Worker Visas

A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for a temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Temporary worker visas are for persons who want to enter the United States for employment lasting a fixed period of time (not permanent or indefinite).

Categories of temporary worker visas include:

● H-1B visa: Person in specialty occupation ● H-1B1 visa: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) professional ● H-2A visa: Temporary agricultural worker ● H-2B visa: Temporary non-agricultural worker ● H-3 visa: Trainee or special education visitor ● L visa: Intracompany transferee ● O visa: Individual with extraordinary ability or achievement ● P-1 visa: Individual or team athlete, or member of an entertainment group ● P-2 visa: Artist or entertainer in a reciprocal exchange program (individual or group) ● P-3 visa: Artist or entertainer in a culturally unique program (individual or group) ● Q-1 visa: Participant in an international cultural exchange program


bottom of page